As WDWNT continues to grow, we are looking for additional local Reporters to expand our Orlando-based staff. WDWNT’s Orlando Reporter staff visit the Walt Disney World parks several days a week during the morning and afternoon to report on new developments in construction, food and beverage offerings, merchandise, and more. Please note that this position requires a specific time commitment and availability each week, and the start date is immediate.
Orlando-Based Reporter Job Description
A typical day as a WDWNT Orlando Reporter will involve arriving to your assigned Walt Disney World theme park or resort prior to park opening. You will report via photos, video, and social media on new developments in all four parks and resorts, including new construction, renovations/refurbishment, new merchandise, new food and beverage offerings, crowd levels, maintenance issues, and more. You will also write a daily Photo Report documenting your visit and pertinent updates to the park(s) that you visited that day.
As WDWNT is the worldwide leader in Disney parks news, it’s imperative that we quickly, accurately, and thoroughly report on all of the changes, big and small, from the Disney parks — which starts with our Reporters.
- Availability to visit the parks at least 4 days a week during mornings and afternoons — some evening hours are occasionally needed for special events, nighttime entertainment changes or testing, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for Disney parks and resorts
- A Platinum or Gold Walt Disney World Annual Pass
- The desire to quickly and accurately be the first to cover breaking Disney parks news
- Time management and prioritization skills to ensure the most important news is covered first
- Being detail-oriented and able to observe and gather even the smallest details
- Writing and/or reporting experience
- Photography experience, preferably with DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. If you already own your own camera gear, let us know in the application
- Videography experience, including filming, editing, and publishing
- Technical media skills such as WordPress, YouTube, and Twitter
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
The WDWNT Orlando Reporter position starts at $15 per hour. If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application below. Applicants should provide full and complete information, and link to any relevant: photography, videography, and writing samples; social media sites; or any other relevant technical or creative experience. We will reach out to qualified candidates to discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in working with WDWNT!